It can be so much fun planning what to wear for your senior session! But it can also be a bit overwhelming--Don't let it stress you out! Look for your favorite outfits you already have and then add to it with a fun shopping spree. :) Below are a few more tips for what to look for and what to avoid in your senior session outfits.
WHAT TO WEAR
• Choose a variety of outfits that show off your personal style
• Most of your outfits should be appropriate for the temps during your session. But be prepared to change it up if we hit a sudden heat wave or cold snap!
• Functional clothing: if you want to get the most out of your poses, you need to be able to sit, squat, stand, and walk comfortably in your outfits.
• Trendy is fun, but try to incorporate something timeless too!
• Solid colors, including jewel or earthy colors are always a good choice
• Layers and textures add to your overall look. Include accessories that express your unique style.
• You might also consider a more sophisticated, formal look. And remember to include your sport or hobby uniform
WHAT TO AVOID
• Wrinkled clothing
• Bright colors such as neon or bright red
• Outfits difficult to pose or sit in
• Uncomfortable or too tight of clothing
• Baggy clothing
• The same outfits of the same style over and over again. (Wearing four dresses over the course of your portraits may not show variety.)
• Distracting undergarments - nude color and strapless are ideal
• Phones in pockets and hair ties on wrists
Need more ideas? Follow this link to my pinterest board of wardrobe ideas!